3 Nights Zanzibar
Zanzibar is arguably the most beautiful destination in Africa. CTM has planned for you a comprehensive Zanzibar trip. Drop everything, pack your bags, and lets go to the land of the most beautiful sunsets.
Zanzibar’s legendary history and natural attractions make it a popular tourist destination. Zanzibar is made up of two major Islands; Unguja and Pemba .One legend that stands out is the 9th century legend of Sinbad the Sailor, as told in The Thousand and One Nights. This story was inspired by circulating tales of the island of Zanzibar. Arabs, Indians, Persians, Chinese and other ancient merchants each left their footprints here; in culture and architecture. All these today make up this island’s charm.
Today Zanzibar boasts georgeous beaches, art, culture and music,world class snorkel and scuba dive reef sites, spice farms and other natural attractions.CTM has customised for you an all-inclusive holiday package to Zanzibar.In 3 nights and 4 days, you will get to sample the very best that zanzibar has to offer.
- Day 01 / Nairobi – Zanzibar
- Arrive at JKIA 3 hours before flight departure time for group check in. Board your flight to Zanzibar. Upon arrival in Zanzibar, you will be met and transferred to the hotel for check in. The rest of the day at leisure and relaxation on the beach. Dinner and overnight stay at a Hotel Meal Plan: Half Board Board (Dinner, Bed and Breakfast)
- Day 02 / Full Day Sight Seeing
- After breakfast, your guide will pick you up for a full day stone town and spice tour
Stone Town – City tourThis three & a half-hour tour commences with a visit to Zanzibar’s colorful market. Alive with the buzz of locals bartering fresh vegetables and baskets of tropical fruit, amongst the heady smell of Jack fruit (and many other exotic fruits) we continue on to the site of the cathedral built in 1874. The cathedral signifies a potent time in Zanzibar’s history and stands on the sight of a past slave market, its high altar standing on the exact site of the whipping post. Slavery was abolished in 1873 through a decree passed by the then current Sultan of Zanzibar. From here we visit the residence of the late Sultans of Zanzibar, ‘Tip Tip House’, the Old Fort, ‘Peoples Palace’ and the House of Wonders’, full of intrigue and vivid history from a bygone era. The tour ends with a stroll through the narrow streets of the old stone town, the heart of Zanzibar’s vivacious history with time for shopping
Spice-farm TourIndeed no trip to Zanzibar could be considered complete without a visit to one of our carefully selected spice farms. This involves visiting the spices growing areas to see different spices and to learn their nature, uses and taste some of them right on the spot depending on the season. In addition it involves visits to the famous spices producing area where you can see medicinal, cosmetics, ornamental plants and herbs. Most of the interesting items are cloves, nut meg, rambutan, lipstick, iodine plant, lemon grass, vanilla, henna, shampoo plant etc.
Sensible shoes and hats are advisable.Dinner and overnight stay at a Hotel
Meal Plan: Half Board Board (Dinner, Bed and Breakfast)
- Day 03 / Sunset Cruise Stone Town West
- Pick up in the evening for the Sunset Cruise. With this cruise you will get a good glimpse of the wonderful scenes of Indian Ocean, along the Stone town shore line. While enjoying the sea breeze, you will be swept away by the soothing sound of traditional tunes played by a local musician. Our good staff is keen to serve you with an appealing variety of aperitif. Serving of white wine, cold local beer, fresh juices and cocktails, to cheer your delicate palate you’ll also enjoy a tasting of Italian cheese with homemade jam, prawns, fried calamari, crispy cassava and other delicacies of Swahili cuisine. Departure 4:45 pm to SunsetAfter breakfast, spend the day at leisure.
- Day 04 / Return to Nairobi
- After breakfast, check out of your rooms and transfer to the airport for your return flight back to Nairobi.
- Return flight on Economy Class
- 03 Night accommodation on Half Board
- Return Airport transfers in Zanzibar
- 1 Full day stone Town & Spice Tour Sunset Cruise (2 Hours)